Saturday, April 24, 2010

Week12 Reflection

We got to re-define our definition(s) of web 2.0 and I have to say we were generally pleased with the work we did at the start of the semester. One major thing we wanted to do was point all of the elements in a specific direction. At first I thought everything should be under a massive, all encompassing "knowledge" unbrella, but I didn't think that metaphor really fit. Ultimately, we created a knowledge star at the center of our universe and pointed everything toward it. That's what it's all about: knowledge. Actually, it's about information, but we couldn't erase.
Kyle gave an informal talk on his experiences with the iPad, and I'm still not convinced I need to buy one. Why no Flash player? Why?
Eilleen gave a fascinating presentation on the Mechanical Turk. She used PowerPoint and apologized profusely for doing so, but I don't see why. PPT has a place in this web 2.0 world if that's what works for you!
Posted as an email composed on the Motorola Droid.

No comments:

Post a Comment