Saturday, February 27, 2010

Week 5 Reflection

OK, I got my presentation out of the way and am happy for that. I picked a bad time because I was supposed to be preparing for the CPA conference, but, oh well!

We had another action-packed session, for which I am grateful. Time just flies by every Thursday. Some classes just draaaaaaaaaaag, but not 830.

We tackled the first half of the textbook and I guess I mostly want to talk about the E-Reader. I bought a Sony 505 nearly two years ago and it was kinda cool during my eight week trip through China. Travelling with books can be a tremendous hassle. I've used it since, mostly to read the free classics, but I bought our textbook in E-Pub format which is a first for me. One major limitation: the pagination is way different than what everyone with a physical copy experiences. OK, not exactly a huge deal, but somewhat annoying when the instructor asks us to read through page 86. The real hassle was the inability to make notes! What was I thinking? Plus the reader on my Android device can't yet deal with DRM content. I rather expected to flip through the text on my mobile... should have thought on that one a bit more before making my purchase.

Thanks to Elizabeth and Dru for being brave enough to try a Wave demo in our classroom. I really want to collaborate with an adult colleague on a Wave, and now that's exactly what Tim, Ian, and are going to try for our project due next week. Hooray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment