Wednesday, February 10, 2010

GAP meeting

I attended the GAP session last night (room 170) and I gotta tell you it feels rather strange to be so close to wrapping this thing up. I can't help but feel I may need another semester (or two). See, I embarked on this project in 2002. You read that right! My original goal was to earn an MA in secondary ed, and I made it all the way to the thesis: which I abandoned. I didn't like the project, I was burnt out on school, I was teaching an extra period, and I was working some nights and weekends as a valet to earn extra money.

In 2008 my wife and I spent eight weeks in China and Vietnam. At some point on the trip I vowed to complete my MA on return. Turns out there's a limit to how long you can count use classes toward the degree before they start to "expire." I had to make up, or re-take six units to qualify. Budget cuts meant there really wasn't much in the Secondary Ed department that I could take. I ended up wandering into the ITEC office, signing up for the advanced web design course, and ultimately switching majors.

Now its all about 800 and 801 and 816 and 830... I'm enjoying this but perhaps I should have just finished that darned thesis way back when.

No comments:

Post a Comment